Monday, May 30, 2011

Dear Friends,

I am getting so excited for my trip to Africa. It is just a month away. So far, I have raised $1600.00 for AISCS, African Immigrants Social & Cultural Services and $400.00 to buy the soccer balls for the kids. Thank you so much for your generosity. This money can do so much in Shirati.

We plan to build a house for the school teacher this summer, along with another rain-water storage tank. The tanks hold up to 13,500 gallons of water that can be used by the children at the elementary school that AISCS built.

The soccer balls project is going well thanks to generous donations from families at Prospect Sierra School. We are coordinating with One World Futbol (www.oneworldfutbol.com) to buy balls for the kids at the school in Shirati. My friend Eric Frothingham works for this great organization that donates these durable balls to third world countries and he is arranging for AISCS to be able to get balls for the kids at a generous discount. I am so excited to be able hand deliver the balls to the kids. We are also collecting used soccer gear to bring to the kids.

As I get closer to my departure Jake is getting a little nervous about me leaving. I have never been away from him longer then 3 days. Michael and him are planning many adventures while I am gone. Including a road trip to "Hollywood" as Jake says. I think the plan is to go to Disneyland, Universal Studios and a taping of the ICarly show. Big fun!

Asante.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment