Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My bags are packed!

Stashing 17 balls in suitcases is not an easy task.  We learned that we couldn't take the soccer balls over in duffel's because the duffel's could easily be slashed and the balls would be stolen.  So we went to plan B; which is to put them in our suitcases.  Luckily we don't need a lot of personal clothes in Africa.  A few shorts, some sweats...   I was able to put 6 balls in my suitcase.  I still left some room for a couple of cute outfits for Paris.  You can't go to Paris looking like a slug now.

Jake is now counting the time and days until I leave.  "Mom, you only have three more days until you leave.  I am really going to miss you.".   He is still sleeping right now, so I haven't had the countdown from him yet, but I have given it to myself every few minutes.  I have a lot to do in two days and it doesn't help that Michael has to be out of town until late Thursday night.   He is just as busy as I am trying to get everything done so he can do my job while I am gone. 

Speaking of Michael...I am very grateful for him. He has been 100% supportive of this trip from the first time I mentioned the idea.  As many of you know, Michael not working for 5 weeks is unheard of.  The longest I have seen him not work is 3 weeks on our honeymoon where I made  him leave the computer at home.  Okay, I asked him to leave it at home. You can't make Michael do anything he doesn't want to do.  He did disappear a few times in Rome and I found him at an Internet cafe checking his email.

Leaving my family will be hard and emotional, but the excitement for this new experience is just bubbling over. I will try to do an update from Africa.  Connectivity is the big question.  If I can't get the Internet I will update you all when I get home in August.  I appreciate all your support, donations and well wishes.

Asante.





 Jake testing out a ball                                                                                                                            One World Futbols

                                                                                                                          

                 
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment